- Full time, permanent
- Scarborough, York
The Accounts Senior will have the opportunity to work on an extensive and broad portfolio of clients within the owner managed space. Taking both ownership of a small individual portfolio, as well as working alongside Client Service Directors and Managers, you will be in a client facing role, establishing strong relationships with a significant number of business owners across the region.
The primary objective of the Accounts Senior is to play an integral part within the existing accounts team in delivering compliance services to the client base.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for a small portfolio of clients throughout the year; managing timetables / expectations, anticipating costs, raising fee invoices.
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (including those under FRS102, 1A and 105).
- Preparation of Corporation & Personal Tax Returns.
- VAT Return preparation.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability, efficiencies and client experience.
- Preparing Management Information.
- Utilising and promoting the use of cloud technology within our client base including the conversion of existing clients.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve technical issues which may arise on clients.
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client (including their staff) and acting as an ambassador for the business.
- Initiate and work with other teams and service lines to the benefit of the client including referring opportunities where relevant and minimising risk (to both the business and the client).
- Reviewing and providing feedback on work completed by junior members of the team, which will include reviewing year end accounts, VAT returns and other work as required.
- You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients.
- You will be required to attend training to further develop and maintain your technical skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Practice
- Fully qualified ACCA/ACA/ICAS
- Aligned with our culture and Values
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and have a high level of attention to detail
- Recent accounting experience is essential including knowledge of UK GAAP and Companies Law
- Exposure to owner managed businesses is also essential
- Technical ability with a knowledge of recent developments in relation to accounting and tax compliance (FRS 102 / FRS102 1a / FRS 105)
- Drive and resilience to deliver high levels of customer service
- Commitment to building the reputation of Fortus through the quality of work provided, knowledge demonstrated and client experience
- Experience of key accounting packages (such as Xero, SAGE, QuickBooks) and Excel is essential.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + birthday day off + bank hols
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance x3
- Pension Salary Sacrifice
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Agile working
- Quarterly functions and events
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
- On-site parking