Our international network, Morison KSi, held their first International Women’s... Read more
Reflecting on a HAPPY(ISH) BIRTHDAY
1 April 2021
The journey for Fortus Business Advisors & Accountants started over 3 years ago in a hotel conference room in London where the concept began to take shape. From all the scenario planning that day and the years subsequent, unsurprisingly, not once did a global pandemic enter our minds, yet along with it, came one of the most historical shifts for the country, our clients, our people and our business.
The anniversary of our first year as Fortus happens to coincide with the anniversary of COVID-19 and the onset of the UK’s national lockdowns. It’s hard therefore to reflect back on the past year without acknowledging the impact this event’s had on our business.
The launch itself became a footnote in the first few months. In part, intentionally, the plan from the beginning was longevity over a one-off fanfare. However, in reality, the focus shifted immediately to changing client and people needs. For our clients in those early days, their needs varied; as you’d expect many were seeking advice and support, for others, it was simply reassurance and someone they trusted to share their concerns and fears in relation to the future of their business. The story for our people was much the same. The way we worked, operated and interacted changed almost overnight. The business had always been relatively agile but this was taken to the next level. Looking back, there’s much to be proud of in how the business reacted so quickly, adapted and overcame.
From there on in, we’ve been on an upward trajectory…
Over the past 12 months we’ve:
- Added some phenomenal talent, seeing a significant increase in the team headcount from 191 to 271 , with the support of our recruitment partner MDM Consultants.
- Seen our geographic coverage increase with activity in both the North of England with Leeds, York and Scarborough; and in the South with expansion in Southampton and Reading.
- Added a Recovery division following the merger with HJS Recovery.
- Relocated to Milton Keynes, merged our Peterborough offices and opened an office in London.
- Launched both our Creative Industries and Sports & Entertainment Sectors.
- Established our employee ‘ForUS Board’.
With many businesses, particularly those in our sector, ‘battening down the hatches’ this past year, it’s incredible to see the progress we’ve made in the same period. It’s fair to say, Fortus has been very much open for business.
The next 12 month’s also set to continue this trend. Having invested in and recently concluded a 3-year strategic plan, work’s now underway across 11 key projects to deliver on our collective, corporate ambitions. Of course, none of this would be possible without our VALUABLE and COURAGEOUS team and clients, operating in one INCLUSIVE business community.