This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Congratulations Carly and Stephen Our new Executive Directors
30 March 2022
Following discussions and agreement in February, I’m now delighted to announce two Executive promotions here at Fortus…
Carly Liston – Executive Director
Carly’s truly authentic in her leadership style. Not one to be restricted by geography or physical boundaries, she’s been devoted to sharing her ability to listen, coach and nurture many of the managers who operate nationally.
Considered the ‘go to’ person for real business challenges and practical application of our internal solutions, Carly’s always questioning ‘Will they/won’t they work?’ and ‘How will that person feel?’
Above all, she continues to hold many key client relationships and operates with hands on style, leading by example. No task is ever too big or too small – in fact, in Carly’s world, there’s no time like the present, ‘you make it happen’!
Strategically and operationally, Carly’s significant contributions include:
- Building a richly diverse and inclusive management team in our East operation, headquartered in Peterborough
- Coaching and nurturing our next generation of managers, guiding many through to promotion over the last few years
- Delivering valuable support and strategy to our Accounts & Outsourcing operations UK-wide
- Sponsoring Accounts & Outsourcing projects across selected market segments UK-wide
- Her contributions have led to well-executed projects, a harmonised working environment, an efficient cost base and most importantly, a distinctive, energised, and happy team (and in turn, very happy clients!)
It’s an absolute pleasure for us all to work alongside Carly, with her unique set of operational and practical skills being a welcome addition to the UK leadership team.
Find out more about Carly
Stephen Watts – Executive Director, Head of Construction & Built Environment
Stephen’s been part of a strong Client Advisory team that’s led the charge on client development over recent years. In parallel, he’s been instrumental in the creation and deployment of a variety of sector strategies across the UK, none more so than our Construction & Built Environment sector which has seen significant growth over the last 24 months. Whilst being passionate and engrained within the sector, he’s built a consultative offering that the advisory market is enviable of.
A big believer in enhancing leadership qualities and winning ‘hearts and minds’, Stephen picks up the baton in supporting the growth and development of our clients and team in our Midlands operation, alongside Gary Woodhall, whilst still leading the Construction & Built Environment Sector.
Key contributions from Stephen over recent years, which endorse his Executive appointment include:
- Strategic development and direction for our client facing sectors
- Distinctive thought leadership and contributor to Construction & Built Environment market
- Bringing client insights and energy to our Client Advisory Strategic Board
- Leading advocate for practical application and endorsement of mental fitness
- Inclusive mentoring and coaching for key talent within the business
- Stephen has undoubtedly become a very valuable member in progressing the future growth of our services and client solutions. He now brings this energy, and commitment to challenge the norm, to the UK board.
“On behalf of all the team here at Fortus, congratulations to you both on your promotions and thank you for all the people you have brought through - those that are still with Fortus and those that remain close friends."