This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Stuart Bentley
18 February 2021
From baby Yoda and Ancient Greece to human spirit and fish & chips – get to know more about Stuart now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
I’m an R&D Manager, in charge of a team dedicated to identifying all forms of innovation in our client’s businesses – we help them realise tax benefits and reliefs and plan for their future.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
Valuable – I love learning new things and to share that valuable learning with like-minded colleagues and clients.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
There isn’t one thing I couldn’t, ultimately, live without above the level of human needs being met. I value people over ‘things’. The gift of time’s always more valuable than more “stuff”.
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Gryphon – Kings and Beggars
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
The Mandalorian. Despite some disappointing films, I’m still a big Star Wars fan.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
There’s so many good books, but I guess I’d highlight “The Wasp Factory”
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
Ancient Greece, with Socrates and Plato.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
Omnipotence. Why think small? However, as with all great power, there has to be a balance (think Achilles Heel). So my balance would be a great sense of not knowing where to start – Witness the birth of Captain Apathy.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
The human spirit. I’m constantly amazed at the things people manage to achieve against all the odds.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I don’t have one. I have a goal, which is to tour Scotland in a Hydrogen Powered Type 1 VW Campervan.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
I’m happy here. So much of the UK I haven’t seen yet.
12. Describe your perfect day?
Time spent by the sea with my wife, chatting, watching the sea and the sky. Topped off with Fish & Chips over looking a harbour.