This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Stacey Connor
15 October 2020
From munching on Cornish delicacies to controlling the elements, get to know more about Stacey now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
I’d describe it as being a ‘go to’ person, as my role helps other teams to work effectively and smoothly. It varies every day, but allows me to continually contribute to the day to day running of the business.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
Inclusive – I love being a part of a respectful team, in which I feel valued and included.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Chocolate! Feeling happy? Celebrate with chocolate! Feeling down or sad? Make yourself happy with chocolate. It works every time!
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Ed Sheeran – Perfect. It was my wedding song.
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
90 day fiancé. I love watching the show to see how and if it all works out! It intrigues me that people leave their families for someone in a different country. I like seeing how they adapt to various cultures and all the differences they have.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I love reading about The War.
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history when would it be, who would you hang out with?
I’d love to venture back to WW2, but I wouldn’t want to live through it. Alternatively, I’d like to hang out with Queen Elizabeth I!
8. What superpower would you want and why?
Power over matter. If I had control of the elements, there’s not much that could get in my way!
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
To be the best I can be for my daughter to look up to and make sure she has everything she ever wants.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Boring but travel, travel, travel! To see and experience new adventures, is a dream.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
12. Describe your perfect day?
My perfect day would be a really chilled out morning, with no children waking me up – having a lie in!
Eat a lovely cooked breakfast with a view of the Cornish sea. Then venturing out to explore the coast and little hidden beaches in nice weather.
Munching on plenty of Cornish pasties throughout the day and Cornish Ice cream.
Then finishing the evening off with a nice dinner with a view! I love Cornwall.