This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Rachel Rimmer
24 May 2022
From weight-lifting to awful kids discos and ‘Dirty Dancing’ – get to know more about Rachel now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
I’m a manager in the Scarborough office. I manage the workflow, ensure proper systems are in place and are working in line with our bigger Fortus goals. I help manage an amazing team of people, ensuring our clients receive a great service.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
COURAGEOUS – people believing in themselves is really important to me, and I believe that when people face their fears, when they’re not necessarily confident, they’re growing as a person on a massive scale. People are sometimes scared to fail but having the courage to fail is winning every single time.
3. If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
This would have to be attempting to drink a drink, continually, over the longest period of time. Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m always the one left with half a glass when everyone has had two! I can be gulping a drink for minutes and it doesn’t look like it has gone down. It is a great skill, and saves me money!
4. If you could learn one new skill, what would it be and why?
I’ve always wanted to learn to play the piano. I would love to be able to sit down at a piano and shut the world off for a while, and get lost in the moment of making music. I still believe it’s never too late, so I absolutely need to buy one and start taking lessons.
5. You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
I always pick American Pie by Don McLean. I know every single word and love singing it.
6. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?
It has to be something girly; I would say Dirty Dancing. I’ve watched it 1000 times and it never gets boring. To watch it again for the first time would be amazing!
7. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
Sport?! I don’t do sport! I do love going to the gym though and I can squat a decent bar, so I would say weight lifting.
8. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
That would have to be, stood in the front row at Live Aid watching Freddie Mercury. I would also take some of my friends who I have now, and I wouldn’t need to hang out with anyone else.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
I would say that was my Grandad. He died at the amazing age of 93 in 2020, but every day of his life he was grateful for everything he had. He taught me that working hard was really important but to do it with a laugh and a joke, because that’s what life’s about. He had some great values that he passed onto me, and that I’m very proud of.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I really want to take my children to Disney World.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
That would be Australia. I would love to travel around and experience lots of different areas there.
12. Describe your perfect day?
Waking up in a beach front villa somewhere hot. Going out to the sun bed with a book. Watching the kids play on the beach. Having cocktails and nice food brought to me. Having a massage. Going out for a lovely evening meal where the kids eat all of their food with no complaints. Going to an awful kids disco that they love, and are super happy. Getting the kids in bed and enjoying a bottle of wine, whilst talking and listening to music.