This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Peppy Waldock
18 March 2021
From chess and South Africa to Martin Luther King Jr. and Whitney Houston – get to know more about Peppy now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
My role’s a combination of managing workflow for the Service Charge team, streamlining processes, and collaborating with the Finance team to cleanse the service charge data and chase outstanding debt from clients.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
INCLUSIVE – For me, this value couldn’t be truer. Both my team and colleagues from across the business have welcomed me with open arms and been incredibly helpful and engaging. It’s something I noticed as soon as I joined Fortus, and it’s now definitely an attribute I appreciate, as it’s helped me settle into my new role.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
I wouldn’t want my daughter to know this as I’m forever going on and on about her being on her phone but, I can’t live without mine! It’s a lifeline, as I use it daily to speak to my family abroad.
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Brandy`s album – Two Eleven, Whitney Houston’`s greatest hits, Yemi Alade`s album Mama Afric, to name a few!
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
I’ve not long finished watching ‘Queen`s Gambit’. If I’m being honest, pure boredom got me watching this programme, as there hasn’t been much to do during lockdown! I’m glad I did however, because I had an interest in chess as a child.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
My favourite book’s ‘The Summons’ by John Grisham. The plot’s absolutely amazing!
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
I’d definitely go back in time to meet Martin Luther King Jr. I think the man was a visionary, and spending a day with him would give me a glimpse of what his vision was and what his values were.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
I’d definitely like to have the power to read people’s minds – I’m just nosey!
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
My mother’s my biggest inspiration. She’s a very strong, intelligent and independent woman. I feel blessed to be her daughter. The drive she has and the mindset to stay positive despite various life challenges and setbacks is inspirational.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d love to travel to all corners of the world, particularly French Polynesia.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
I’d definitely consider Cape Town, South Africa.
12. Describe your perfect day?
My perfect day would be spent with my family in the sun, anywhere. Like so many, the past year’s
made me realise what I’ve always taken for granted…so, just time with all my family would be perfect.