This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Kyia Adams
19 May 2021
From Mimosas, Martinis and Tapas nights to relocating to Paris and ‘Giving Back’ – get to know more about Kyia now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
I’m a Payroll Administrator, currently taking care of the weekly payrolls and based in the Leicester office. I started in June, in the middle of the furlough crisis but despite all that, I’m really enjoying it!
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
VALUABLE – especially in times like these. I think it’s important to have someone you can rely on, and to also be ‘the person’ others can rely on too. That way, you’re a part of a strong team.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
My phone – it’s always in my hand, and I’d feel lost without it!
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Years & Years – The “Palo Santo” album. It’s the one album I always find myself coming back to.
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
90 Day Fiancé – I love reality TV, so anything like that I’ll binge-watch.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
The ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series by Louise Rennison. I think there’s like 10 of them altogether, and I used to read them constantly when I was in high school. There was just something about them I could really relate to at the time.
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
I’d go forward, rather than back. I’d love to go like 20 years into the future and see what’s changed. Not only that but I’d want to see my future family, and see what they’re like and how they’re getting on!
8. What superpower would you want and why?
The power that whenever I want to buy something, I’d have the exact amount of money in my pocket to do so!
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
My family. I want to be able to get to a point in my life where I can give something back to my parents, and just do something for them to say ‘thank you’ for all the stuff they’ve done for me.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Getting my own house. That’s my main goal at the minute.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
France, specifically Paris. I absolutely love Paris, and if I could move there tomorrow, I would!
12. Describe your perfect day?
I love spending time with my friends, so it would probably be a whole day just being spent with them!.
In the daytime, I’d have a nice ‘girly’ brunch date. Ideally, we’d go to Kai’s (in Leicester) because they do the best pancakes and mimosas!
For the night, we’d all get ready to go out for cocktails and food at my house. We’d have loads of tapas and martinis (to line our stomachs!) and after, we’d probably end up at a nightclub and dance the night away!