This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Joe Plant
21 February 2022
From ‘chip butties’ and ‘moonwalking’ to the Champions League and a ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ – get to know more about Joe now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
I’m an Accounts Assistant within the Scarborough team. Producing accounts and bookkeeping are key parts of my role here at Fortus. I’ve also spent some time in Audit, lending a helping hand during busy times.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
DISTINCTIVE – Fortus standing out from the crowd is the reason why many of us joined.
3. If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
Most chip butties eaten in one hour.
4. If you could learn one new skill, what would it be and why?
Moonwalking…I can finally stop embarrassing myself.
5. You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
Annie’s Song – John Denver.
6. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?
The Shawshank Redemption – great film!
7. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
8. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with
Ringside at Muhammed Ali vs George Foreman “Rumble in the Jungle” with Frank Sinatra.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Next up on the list is bungy jumping.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
12. Describe your perfect day?
Champions League Final day, Sheffield United vs Real Madrid. Partying all night long, following a 3-0 United win, Billy Sharp hat-trick.