This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Jodie Fardoe
22 March 2022
From four-legged friends to beach volleyball and San Fran – get to know more about Jodie now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
I’m the words person in a world of numbers! As Senior Copywriter in our Brand & Creative team, I’m responsible for crafting on-brand communications for internal and external audiences to enhance our brand and acquire new clients.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
INCLUSIVE – There’s a real sense of belonging at Fortus. I love the team ethos we have and how everyone’s given the opportunity to make a difference at work and in our wider community.
3. If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
Most number of puppies cuddled in one hour.
4. If you could learn one new skill, what would it be and why?
I’m learning to be a dog agility handler. Crufts is a long way off though!
5. You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond. Absolute belter!
6. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?
Fight Club. Once you know, you know.
7. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
Beach volleyball because I’ve done that on holiday so I’m basically a pro, right?!
8. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with
I’d go back and meet Marie Curie, the incredible Nobel Prize winning woman who devoted her entire career and life to science, and finding treatments for cancer. I love this quote of hers: “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
She’s no longer here but my Mum will forever be my greatest inspiration.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
To travel to the South Pacific – so dreamy!
11. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
San Francisco. It’s just an incredible place.
12. Describe your perfect day?
I’m quite content with exploring somewhere new with my dog and husband on a lovely sunny day, with a pub lunch thrown in for good measure.