This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Inayat Gaffar
21 April 2022
Living in Malawi, becoming a dad and a COURAGEOUS Beijing qualifying attempt – get to know more about Inayat now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
My role focuses on advising clients on how to navigate the complex UK tax system. Most of my time is spent writing our advisory reports or preparing proposals for prospective clients. In addition, I act as a coach to the seniors in the team.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
If I had to pick one value it would be DISTINCTIVE. I’ve always challenged myself to do well both in terms of work but also in life in general. I’ve a strong view that nothing should be attempted half hearted.
3. If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
Although farfetched, I’d like to break Usain Bolt’s 100m World Record.
4. If you could learn one new skill, what would it be and why?
I’d like to be able to write with both hands, no specific reason I just think this would prove useful at some point.
5. You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
I can’t sing to save my life and wouldn’t want to hear myself sing either. I think anyone who hears me sing would be scarred for life.
6. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?
Inception – just to be left on the cliff-hanger ending again.
7. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
Sprinting. I actually tried to qualify for Beijing 2012 when I was still living in Malawi. I missed out on qualifying time by 0.3 seconds.
8. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
2002 World Cup Final – Brazil vs Germany. I’d like to hang out with Ronaldo (R9) and Ronaldinho (R10) as part of the celebrations.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
Family would be my main motivating factor. I try to keep them at the forefront of what I do and most of my life goals are aligned around them. Especially having recently become a father this has become even more of an inspiration.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
In the past, I’ve been quite an adrenaline junkie. I’ve done all sorts from skydiving, bungee jumping, paragliding, etc. I’ve also travelled to several different counties around the world. For that reason, I’d say I don’t have much left on the list apart from progressing my career and trying to be a good dad to my little one.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Turkey – specially Antalya. There’s something about the people and culture that always brings me back (already visited two times in the last year). The beach is always an added bonus.
12. Describe your perfect day?
On the beach with my wife and daughter, enjoying the warm weather and having a swim.