This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Harry Bushell
25 October 2021
From Australia and Ben E. King to the Ancient World and true crime documentaries – get to know more about Harry now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
As an Accounts Executive, within the Leicester team, I’m responsible for preparing year end and management accounts for a wide range of clients. I also undertake quarterly bookkeeping for VAT returns, and help clients with training on cloud accounting software.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
VALUABLE – Helping clients is rewarding and enjoyable, and I appreciate my efforts bring value to both our clients and the Fortus team.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
That must be my partner and my family, who are always there for me when needed.
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
‘Stand By Me’ by Ben E. King.
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
‘Made You Look’, I love watching true crime documentaries.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
It’s hard to single one out, but if pressed it’d probably be ‘Brave New World’ by Aldous Huxley.
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
1920 to meet my great-grandfather John, who sadly died before I was born.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
To be able to fly, which would mean a lot more travel, and it’d save on the commute time.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
My parents, who have always been there to support and encourage me.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Seeing the Pyramids in Egypt. I’m fascinated by the ancient world.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
Australia because of the wildlife, landscape and the climate looks fantastic.
12. Describe your perfect day?
Outside of work, my ideal day would be exploring a foreign city with my partner, enjoying and absorbing the local culture and cuisine.