Fortus picks up two accolades at the 2022 Yorkshire Accountancy Awards!
Getting to know Emma Hollings
13 November 2020
From indulging in carbs to dog sleds, northern lights and dining al fresco, get to know more about Emma now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
I’m a Business Support Executive in the North. My daily tasks involve preparing engagement letters, running AML checks and raising invoices. Alongside this however, are always other responsibilities which vary so much from day to day.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
I’d say ‘Inclusive’. I like being part of a team and helping others – I don’t like to see people get left out.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
It’s a tough one, but I’m going to say Pizza!…I have a bad relationship with carbs!
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Kygo, the summer mix – for some chill Summer music – wishing I was able to get away somewhere abroad this year!
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
Harry Potter – I’ve only ever watched the first 2 and have been meaning to watch the whole series all the way through for months/years, so I’m finally getting round to it!
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
I really don’t do reading! – Maybe I just haven’t found the right book, but I’d much rather spend my time doing something else!
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history when would it be, who would you hang out with?
I’d travel back to around 40 years ago, I’d love to get to know my grandparents in their younger days.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
I’d love to be able to become invisible or be able to fly.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
Dancing – in all forms! I think it’s a great way to ‘let off some steam’ and have fun.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Visiting more of Southeast Asia, seeing the northern lights, a horseback ride on the beach, riding a dog sled, being in an operatic show, dancing with someone off ‘Strictly’….to name just a few!
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
Thailand – to me, it’s the most beautiful country, with the kindest people and tastiest food (they even do amazing pizzas!!)
12. Describe your perfect day?
This is tough, because I love both Summer and Autumn, but based on this year and the lack of ‘holidaying’, I’m going to go with Summer….
A sunny day, somewhere overseas, warm enough to sit and enjoy breakfast outside… followed by a morning spa and massage, then a stroll around a beautiful town in a foreign country – I love exploring and buying from local shops and getting to know the local culture.
It would also involve spending time by water (whether that’s the sea, a lake or a river), with lunch and drinks ‘al fresco’. Maybe a boat trip and/or a jeep safari for some site seeing and fun!
For dinner, a perfect Italian pizza and an espresso martini! To end the night on a high, it would have to be on a rooftop terrace for cocktails with a beautiful view!