This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Chris Land
9 June 2021
From Chance the Rapper and Coffee, to Sky Diving, BBQs and Bill Bryson – get to know more about Chris now, as we play ’21 questions’…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus
I’ve recently been promoted to Associate Director, and am based in our York office. Currently, I’m responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and the team internally. I also advise clients across a wide range of compliance and advisory matters.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
VALUABLE – I strongly believe that what we do, day-to-day, should add value for each and every one of our clients, whether that be directly improving their wealth or the service they experience.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
At the moment, coffee!
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
I listen to a lot of Anderson .Paak, Chance the Rapper, J. Cole – plenty of Hip Hop…which is surprising for a 34 year old accountant!
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
Line of Duty. I think that show gripped pretty much everyone this year!
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
Anything by Bill Bryson. If I had to pick a favourite it’d probably be ‘A Short History of Nearly Everything’. As the title suggests, it covers pretty much everything from the Big Bang, to now. I enjoy a bit of physics. I find some of the concepts fascinating, even if I don’t fully understand them!
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
Wow, where to start with this one…I’d go back to 1966 and watch England win the World Cup. I should probably choose something more profound, but I think that would’ve been great to have experienced.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
Immortality – but only if I could choose all my favourite people to be immortal too.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
As both a husband and father, I want to be able to provide a good life for my family. They inspire me to work hard every day.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I’ve done a lot of mine already! I went travelling in 2010 and did the usual ‘bucket list’ items such as bungee jumping, skydiving etc. I’m also married and have a young family. So, I guess my list items are more mundane these days. Having people over for a cup of tea inside is about as wild as my wishlist gets in Covid times!
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
I’m happy in England. I’ve travelled the world and if anything, it just confirmed that I know I want to live in England. I think I’d miss family and friends too much to live abroad.
12. Describe your perfect day?
A sleep-in’s a must! Playing a bit of football, and having a BBQ with family and friends would complete the perfect day for me.