This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Alia Cain-Coleman
17 January 2022
From Adam Sandler, cocktails, and the Moon, to food, food, and more food – get to know more about Alia now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
As well as being principle tea/coffee maker for the Northampton team (eating all the sweet treats in the kitchen!), I’m a Payroll Administrator who processes weekly and monthly client payrolls, along with pensions and declarations.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
I’d say INCLUSIVE, because I like everyone to feel welcome and for people to think of me as approachable.
3. If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records, what record-breaking feat would you attempt?
It’d have to be something that involves food!
4. If you could learn one new skill, what would it be and why?
I’d love to be as skilled as Estelle (Sherman) with baking, because it’s getting expensive buying cakes from the shop each week and pretending I’ve made them myself.
5. You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
Anyone who knows me knows I can’t sing for the life of me, however, that wouldn’t stop me from belting out a bit of Mariah Carey, Beyoncé or Whitney Houston! 🙂
6. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?
Any film with Adam Sandler in, because I find him hilarious!
7. What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
Bobsleigh, because it looks fun.
8. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with
1969 with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, because I’d love to go to the Moon.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
My Pap – no challenge is too big and no problem can’t be solved.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
It’d have to be skydiving!
11. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Sandbanks – I’d love to live there for longer than a year to be honest!
12. Describe your perfect day?
Anywhere in the sun on a sun lounger, preferably with spa treatments and ideally with cocktails and a buffet nearby.