This International Women’s Day we went bigger and bolder to support the incredible efforts of the annual global celebration, ...
Getting to know Matt Hoy
9 July 2021
From sports, sports and more sports to Canada, kids, and Harry Potter – get to know more about Matt now…
1. In 40 words or less, describe your role at Fortus.
I’m a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner (IP) in the Fortus Recovery team. I have an office in Woking but, work closely with the team in Southampton.
2. Which of our Fortus values resonates most with you and why?
DISTINCTIVE – I love that our values and culture are such a big part of Fortus. As IPs we’re not everyone’s favourite person, but all we’re trying to do is help!
3. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Sport. Watching and playing – I love it!
4. What’s on your playlist right now?
Now I’m spending a bit more time in the car, I love listening to Apple Music. My favourite at the moment is the “New Music Mix”, it updates every Friday with new music and artists. I like most music really (apart from classical, house, drum & base, heavy metal – ok so not most!).
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
Other than the Euros?! The Cricket, The Golf… I’ve been watching “The Wire”, I know I’m late to the party, but once Fulham got relegated, I needed to watch some mindless violence to get over the loss.
6. Best book you’ve ever read?
That’s tricky. I’m not a big reader. I’ll confess to enjoying the Harry Potter book that I’m reading with my 6 year old, having previously not read any of the books or watched any of the films – something which my wife just can’t understand!
7. If you could time warp yourself to any point in history, when would it be, who would you hang out with?
Like a few others, I’d go to 1966, and hang out with England’s football team.
8. What superpower would you want and why?
The power to control someone’s volume. My 6 year old has verbal diarrhoea, if I could just turn him down every now and again, that would do me.
9. What’s your biggest inspiration?
My two children, Sophie and Lewis. And moving to a house with a big garden, so I can lose them in there!
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d love to travel more. I lived in Whistler, Canada for 3 months in 2009, and I’d love to go back with my son and show him some real snow. There are loads of places I’ve not been and want to go, it’d be great to tick off as many countries in the world as possible.
11. If you could live in a foreign country, where would it be?
Probably Canada, my wife’s Canadian and misses her family. With the added bonus of amazing skiing!
12. Describe your perfect day?
I’d get up early (but not by being woken up), play one of the nice golf courses near me – probably St Georges Hill. Off to Craven Cottage in the afternoon with my dad and son to watch Fulham win, obviously…I’d then have a couple of beers after the game, and then both of my children going to bed with no messing about would be the perfect end to my day.