Audit Assistant (AAT Apprentice)
- Full time, permanent
- Scarborough, York
Our Audit Assistant apprenticeship offers an opportunity where you will develop valuable skills, enjoy a challenging hands-on experience and learn from exceptional people, all while you work towards gaining the AAT qualification and earn a full-time salary.
As an Audit Assistant you will work alongside Audit Executives and Audit Seniors on key and mid-tier accounts, with support provided by our experienced management team. You will be exposed to an extensive and broad portfolio of audit clients, across a range of sectors including owner managed businesses in the corporate space, not-for-profit, pension schemes and solicitors to name a few.
The position will be in a client facing role through which you will establish strong relationships with business owners across the region.
- Supporting the delivery of assignments through undertaking audit fieldwork both at client premises and in the office
- Successfully communicating with the client throughout the audit, including systems understanding and for general queries relating to the testing being undertaken
- Attendance at stock takes
- Highlighting areas of risk or significance for the Senior or Executive to review
- Responding to review points and clearing them as and when required
- Collaborating with all team members and those within the wider business
- Extracting information from the client’s accounting system and obtaining supporting documents as required
- Preparation of accounts on Iris (including those under FRS102 and 1A)
- Completing audit programmes
- Building relationships with the client (and their team) and acting as an ambassador for the business. You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals
- Minimum B, B, C grade A levels, or equivalent level of qualification
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Outlook) would be advantageous
- Commitment and willingness to learn
- Ability to think analytically
The role will include regular travel to client sites so holding a full UK driving license and having access to a vehicle would be advantageous.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Competitive salary
- Full study support
- 22 days holiday + birthday day off + standard bank holidays
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance x 3
- Pension salary sacrifice
- Benefits Discounts Portal
- Quarterly functions and events
- On-site parking
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development
2nd February 2024